GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
Sunday, October 12, 2014 - Celebrating 35 Years!
BC Marathon Championships
Certified Boston Marathon Qualifier
MARATHON NEWS & MEDIA RELEASES
- Nov 29, 2013
Nov 1, 2013
- We hope to open Online Registration for 2014 at the end of November 2013. Stay tuned!
- Check out Bruce Deacon's November 2013 Training Newsletter! Now that the race has come and gone, it's time to debrief and plan for your next goal. With the days getting shorter, the risks of running at night become a greater concern. Run smart with these night time tips.
Oct 24, 2013
- GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon Summary [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon – Post Race Interviews [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated.
- Victoria, Oak Bay Treated Marathon Visitors Royally via Times Colonist.
Oct 15, 2013
- MEDIA RELEASE – Lamech Mokono Sets New Course Record at the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon (Victoria, BC – October 13, 2013). A new course record was set today at the 34th Annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon by Kenyan, Lamech Mokono. Run under brilliant, sunny skies, Victoria's Catrin Jones also set a personal best in the women's race. Ten age-group records were also set. In the four events, 11,768 registered, making it the third largest event in its 34-year history. The Marathon had 2,008 registrants, the Half Marathon: 5,471, the 8K Road Race: 2,909 and there were 1,300 in the Thrifty Foods Kids Run, which sold out for the second year in a row.
- Finisher Certificates will be loaded tomorrow on the Results Page. Click on your name in the results to generate the certificate.
- Awards – We will have access to the post-race awards trophies, medals and ribbons this week. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to collect yours.
- Finish Area Camera 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Lamech Mosoti Interview – 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Catrin Jones Interview 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Oct 14, 2013
Oct 13, 2013
- Race Day Live Streaming Coverage (7:30am – 2:00pm) – Now your friends and family from around the world can log in to www.cheknews.ca and share in your Marathon finish. Your friends and family will be able to watch the finish line live. After the race is wrapped up the stream will remain on the site for a month after the event so you can go back and re-live your achievement. Thanks CHEK NEWS!
- Looking for Results?
CHEK NEWS VIDEO COVERAGE
- "Game On" – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Victoria Marathon Recap – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Marathon Proposal – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Victoria Marathon Package Pickup – October 12, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Dick Beardsley in Victoria – October 10, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Running for MS – [WATCH VIDEO] – October 7, 2013
- Men's Winner Lamech Mokono Sets Victoria Marathon Record; Catrin Jones Tops Women by Cleve Dheensaw / Times Colonist.
- Marathon Participants, Old and Young, Have 11,768 Stories To Tell by Sandra McCulloch / Times Colonist
- Victoria Marathon Runners Chasing More Than Good Times by Amy Smart / Times Colonist.
Oct 12, 2013
- Favourites aim for repeat victories in GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon by Cleve Dheensaw / Times Colonist
- Road Closures in Effect (Saturday and Sunday):
Oct 11, 2013
- Media Release: GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon Announces Strong Elite Field – Over 11,300 Registered in all Events. (Victoria, BC – October 11, 2013) There will be exciting competition this year in the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon with the defending champion Thomas Omwenga, back to defend his title and the 2010 women's champion Catrin Jones returning. Three Vancouver runners will also be vying to break the 25 year old Masters course record. The 34th Annual event, which takes place on Sunday, October 13th, had 11,374 registrations when online registration closed at noon yesterday. With registration re-opening at the Race Expo this afternoon, numbers will exceed the 2012 total of 11,503.
- Best Viewing Spots for the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon – By Louise Hodgson-Jones. The GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon is happening tomorrow, Sunday, October 13 and with 11,000 participants registered Victoria will be a bustling city this Thanksgiving Weekend. If you want to cheer on a family member or friend, here are just a few places you can do so safely and on foot.
- Check out our Final Pre-Race Update – http://eepurl.com/GM07z
- Sunday's marathon will close roads in Victoria, Oak Bay via the Times Colonist.
- Media Conference at Frontrunners Footwear – October 11, 2013